I’ve seen lots of crepe recipes floating around lately. Some have flour, some don’t. Others use sugar, honey or syrup to sweeten. I wanted a Trim Healthy Mama approved, easy crepe with NO flour.
Almond and coconut flour can be expensive and I’m not always pleased with the taste. These crepes smell so good while cooking and are so easy to make! They are filled with sugar-free whipped cream and topped with strawberry syrup. Two recipes that I already had on hand.
These crepes are exactly what I wanted. A sweet tasting indulgence that you’d never know is low carb and sugar free. It is dessert for breakfast without the guilt!
- 2 cups strawberries, washed and hulled (divided)
- 2 - 3 tablespoons THM Sweet Blend
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds (optional)
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1-2 teaspoons THM Sweet Blend
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 3 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 6 tablespoons (3 oz) heavy whipping cream
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 teaspoon THM Sweet Blend
- butter for oiling the pan
- Bring THM Sweet Blend and 1/4 cup water to a boil.
- Simmer just until sweet blend is dissolved. Let cool.
- Place 1 cup of strawberries in blender & add the cooled sweet blend/water mixture.
- Blend until pureed.
- Chop the remaining berries & add to the puree. Mix.
- Stir in chia seeds and store in fridge until ready to use.
- In a bowl, beat heavy cream on medium-high speed with a mixer until it starts to thicken.
- Slow to medium speed and add THM Sweet Blend and vanilla.
- Continue to beat until soft peaks form.
- Store in fridge until ready to use.
- In a bowl, beat all ingredients on medium-high speed until only tiny chunks of cream cheese remain and there are no lumps.
- Heat small skillet to medium heat.
- Take stick of butter and lightly rub over skillet.
- Pour in about 2 tablespoons batter and tilt pan to spread out the crepe batter into an even circle.
- Allow to cook until set, about 1 - 2 minutes on the first side. Use a spatula to loosen all sides and flip.
- Cook another 1-2 minutes on the other side until done.
- Spread sugar-free whipped cream on each crepe. Roll up each crepe and top with sugar-free strawberry syrup.
- This is a Trim Healthy Mama S recipe as long as you don't overdo the strawberry syrup.
This post is linked to Tasty Tuesdays, In and Out of the Kitchen, The Gathering Spot, Gluten-Free & DIY Tuesday, Delicious Dish Tuesday, Tasty Tuesdays, Making a Home, Wonderful Wednesday Blog Hop, Wonderfully Creative Wednesdays, Allergy Free Wednesdays, Wow Me Wednesday, Gluten Free Wednesdays, Wake Up Wednesday, Project Party, Creative Spark, Create It Thursday, Full Plate Thursday, Pin Junkie Pin Party, Friday Frenzy, Friday Favorites, Friday Favorites at The Diary of a Real Housewife, Savoring Saturdays, Unprocessed Fridays, Best of the Weekend, Strut Your Stuff, Super Saturday Link Party, Simply Natural Saturdays, Serenity Saturday, Clever Chicks Blog Hop, Inspire Me Monday.