I’m very excited to introduce you to an amazing book all about sugar-free desserts (all but two fit the Trim Healthy Mama Plan)! “The Sweeter Side of Candida” was written by Paula Miller of Whole Intentions and Sarah Ives.
You do not need to be on a candida specific diet to enjoy this book of over 70 scrumptious desserts. Anyone who wants to eat healthier but still enjoy their sweet tooth will love these recipes.
I have been on the Trim Healthy Mama Plan for over a year but I’m still trying to find replacements for some of my favorite desserts. One recipe that stood out to me in the book was the “14 Carrot” Carrot Cake with Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting. It was absolutely amazing and I’m so thankful that the authors of the book are allowing me to share this recipe with you today!
Since I contacted Paula to review the book, my morning sickness got the best of me and so I’ve only been able to try the carrot cake so far. It is absolutely fabulous and I highly recommend that you make it ASAP! I’ve tried desserts with beans before and they weren’t that great but you truly cannot taste them in this carrot cake and would never know that they are there. Bring this cake to special occasions and listen to your guests ooh and aah.
If you are on the Trim Healthy Mama plan, Gwen from Gwen’s Nest has typed an index of all the recipes and if they fit S, E or FP. You can see it here. Even if you aren’t on the plan, check out the index to see all of the delicious recipes that are included in The Sweeter Side of Candida.
Other desserts from the book that I can’t wait to try are the Chocolate Chunk Fudge Brownies, Twice the Spice Pumpkin Pie, Smashing English Toffee and the Finger-Licking Cinnamon Rolls.
As you can already tell, this dessert cookbook will absolutely come in handy during the holidays. It’s a huge temptation to go off plan during any holiday and these desserts will keep you right on track and you won’t feel like you missed out at all!
Enter to win a copy of The Sweeter Side of Candida below the recipe!
- 1-15 oz can of Cannellini Beans (white kidney beans), drained and rinsed well
- 5 eggs
- 3 tsp. vanilla extract
- ½ tsp. celtic sea salt
- ½ c. coconut oil, melted and cooled
- 1/3 c. xylitol granules
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- ¼ c. coconut flour
- 3 tsp. cinnamon
- ½ tsp. nutmeg
- stevia to taste
- 3 c. carrots, shredded
- 1 c. walnuts, chopped
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened (try to find a combo of Greek yogurt/cream cheese)
- 1 stick butter, softened
- 2 Tbs. vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- pinch of celtic sea salt
- stevia to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 9x13 pan with butter or coconut oil.
- Blend the beans and eggs in a blender until there are no bean chunks.
- Pour into a mixing bowl and add the rest of the ingredients, including the xylitol. Mix well.
- Add stevia to taste - a little at a time until just a bit too sweet (the sweetness dulls when baking).
- Pour batter into cake pan and bake 25-30 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the middle of the pan comes out clean.
- Let cake sit at least 4 to 6 hours before frosting and serving - any beany flavor will disappear.
- Frost with Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting.
- In a small mixing bowl blend all ingredients until smooth.
- Add stevia to taste - a little at a time.
- Store in refrigerator. (It will need to be brought to room temp. to be spreadable.)
If you’re not the winner of the book or you just can’t wait to try these delicious desserts, you can purchase The Sweeter Side of Candida on Amazon or the PDF version for only $14.95 here.
- 1. One reader will win a PDF Version of The Sweeter Side of Candida
- 2. Winners will be chosen at random through Rafflecopter.
- 3. Giveaway ends July 18th , 2014 at 8:00 am.
- 4. Winner will be notified through email.
- 5. Winner will have 48 hours to respond before a new winner is chosen.
- 6. Prize will be awarded by Paula of Whole Intentions.
- 7. Must be 18 years or older to enter Rafflecopter.
- 8. Only one entrant per household.
- 9. Entering the Rafflecopter means you agree to terms above.
- 10. Winning entrant’s giveaway entry option will be verified!
This post is linked to Happiness is Homemade, Clever Chicks Blog Hop, Inspire Me Monday, Frugal Crafty Home, Motivate Me Monday, Melt in Your Mouth Monday, Natural Living Monday, Inspiration Monday, In and Out of the Kitchen, Homemade Mondays, Naturally Sweet Tuesday, Gluten Free Tuesday, Making a Home, Wonderful Wednesday Blog Hop, Wonderfully Creative Wednesdays, Wow Me Wednesday, Gluten-Free Wednesdays, Wake Up Wednesday, Creative Spark Link Party, Lovely Ladies Linky, Create it Thursday, Capture Your Journey, Thursday’s Giveaway Linky, Full Plate Thursday, Thrifty Thursday, Let’s Get Real Friday Party, Weekend ReTreat, Gluten Free Fridays, Pin Junkie Pin Party, Friday Frenzy, Friday Favorites, Foodie Friday, Get Him Fed Fridays, From the Farm, Savoring Saturdays, Say G’Day Linky Party, Best of the Weekend, Strut Your Stuff, Super Saturday Link Party, Simply Natural Saturdays, Serenity Saturdays.